Your shopping cart is empty.
Scanning Art Is an Art
Excellence requires experience and specialized equipment.
We provide world-class CruseTM flat bed art scanning.
CruseTM scans provide unequaled color accuracy
No other scanner, anywhere, has the accuracy of the Cruse System.
Nearly anything up to 6" deep can be scanned... Oils, acrylics, watercolors,
"If art scans are important to your work,
the CruseTM difference makes a difference"
We examine each piece carefully to determine the optimal image quality.
For unusual pieces or large projects, CALL 615-254-0063
Nothing Touches Your Art
Art always Faces Upward
Cool, perfect Lighting
Scans through Glass
Frames can Remain
Up to 48" x 72"... or Larger
Up to 6" Deep
DID YOU KNOW ?
DID YOU KNOW ? Chromatics offers the most affordable Cruse scan prices anywhere.
SCAN PRICES for Different Art Sizes and Resolutions
|ART SIZE||75 ppi||150 ppi||300 ppi||600 ppi|
|up to 12"x18"||$ 34.00
|up to 24"x30"||$ 47.00
|up to 30"x40"||$ 57.00
|up to 40"x50"||$ 65.00
|up to 48"x72"||$ 87.00
So... WHAT RESOLUTION DO I NEED ??
8 Tips to avoid "Resolution Confusion" [ oh-so-common ]
1. 75 ppi (at full size) is fine for most art being printed at 50% or less of its original size.
2. 150 ppi works well for oils, acrylics & watercolors being printed at or near their original size (100%).
4. 300 ppi is usually requested by printers of magazines, posters, greeting cards, lithographs, etc. Since the reproductions are often much smaller than the original art, scanning at 300 ppi will capture much more data than is really required. But, many clients "play it safe" by having their original scanned at 300 ppi at full size anyway, and it does serve as a good archive.
1. A 24x30 scanned at 300 ppi will have enough pixels to make a 16"x20" @450 ppi or
2. You're scanning 24x30 art to print a 5x6 card and the print shop requests 300 ppi.
5. 300 ppi is considered a good archiving resolution for oils, acrylics and watercolors for most future uses.
6. 400 - 800 ppi is better to maintain the sharpness of historical documents, maps and any items with fine line work or tiny text.
7. Our maximum resolution is 1000 ppi at the original size. Larger pieces will require scanning in sections that are digitally stitched to combine the sections.
8. The Cruse System can capture up to 1.8 GB of data in one pass, depending on the size of the original.
MANAGING COLOR FOR [superior] ACCURACY
Art pigments and dyes occur in infinite variety and most scan quite accurately with the Cruse Scanner. Our prices include basic adjustments to density and balance but final adjustment for specific printers varies with the printer so is not included.
We maintain state of the art color management using an ICC profiled workflow. If critical color matching is required and you are not familiar with ICC profiles and color management, you should engage a knowledgeable graphics professional who is experienced with color imaging. We can also provide this service at additional cost.
5 MORE [Important] THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT SCANNING ARTWORKS
1. Color - The Cruse Scanner records color more accurately and with more detail than any alternative. It scans most art with amazing accuracy. Some files may still need fine-tuning for critical matching and your own final use. The final adjustment required depends on too many variables to list but two important ones are the types of pigments in the art and the printer being used.
The scanner may see colors your eye misses and printing methods vary enormously; each requires its own fine tuning. In many cases there'll be little or no optimizing required; in others, more. This is all normal.
2. Color Space - Cruse scans are normally delivered as RGB(Adobe1998) but we'll convert them to sRGB or CMYK(SWOP2) if you desire.
3. Textures - Brush strokes and other textures are visible to the eye because they create shadows and reflections. We use sophisticated lighting controls to help maintain textures while avoiding unwanted reflections.
4. "Scan-Ready" or "Make-Ready" Scan prices are for "Scan-Ready" flat art that can be scanned after routine positioning and minor dust off. Art that needs special preparation before scanning will require
The additional time and material required for "Make-Ready" service varies widely and must be custom quoted. In most cases we can provide a price quotation immediately after examining the art. We use all our experience and technical tricks to minimize the additional costs and we’ll suggest ways to make your art “scan-ready.”
5. Frames and Glass - Most art in frames and behind glass can be scanned very well. Deep frames will create very soft shadows at two opposite edges of the art, depending on their profile. Glass should be clean and scratch free for best results.
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
We use the latest Epson Pigment Inks to print archivally rated Breathing Color Lyve canvas (UV coated) and Hahnemuhle papers. We use Fuji Crystal Archive and Kodak Endura professional, archivally rated photographic papers for photo prints. Our mounting boards and adhesives are archival and the laminates are UV rated.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
Join Our Gallery Mailing List
We're happy to have you!
You'll receive our "Call for Entries" when we're curating new shows
and notice of public receptions and openings
We appreciate your comments and suggestions
on our Self-Service print ordering
Thank you for contacting me with your mural project.
Thank you for inquiring
We're happy to quote our services for you
Whether you're new to us or know us well,
simply describe your need.
We'll offer our best recommendation.
Monday thru Thursday
Closed Friday & Weekends
Using our form below
We'll respond as quickly
|625 FOGG STREET NASHVILLE, TN 37203|